Saturday, October 20, 2012

Day 30 - cleansing and detox

Finally I get to report on my final day of this 30-day whole body nutritional cleansing and detox that I've been on. I hadn't posted daily to this blog since I first started the blog. Now I'll get to go back and post my random thoughts about football, Heart, and what-not. 

My weight first thing this morning around 5 A.M. was 165 pounds - 14 pounds less than my starting weight of 179 pounds. The measurement around my belly was 38 inches from a starting measurement of 41 inches, and my waist and buttocks were each 2 inches less around than on my starting day.

It was nice to see that I hadn't gained much from 8 days ago, when I had finished the 2nd of my two consecutive 'cleanse' days. It seems now that if I actually want to begin losing more weight, I may have to have more 'cleanse' days. But I'm happy to see that my body holds steady on the 'shake' day routine. I was afraid that I'd gain some of what I had lost back. And of course the body works in mysterious ways so it probably isn't that simple. I could lose a little more, I could gain a little more while staying on the shake routine. I'll probably need to start exercising, perhaps some resistance training, and make other little changes too. Like I mentioned before, I would love to add some muscle, so losing weight would not be the goal then! I want to remake my body. 

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, it certainly doesn't stop here; I'd like to think that it starts here. I'm very happy with this system, it's not difficult to do, and I'll see where I am at the 2-month mark, the 3-month mark, the 6-month mark and so on. 

If you don't know what I'm doing yet, here's a link to a video that explains it: 

VIDEO

So until the next musing strikes, Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment