Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 15 - cleansing and detox

Last night was kind of unusual for me - I was sitting down watching television around 10 p.m. when I was sick of sitting down so I got up and went outside to take in some fresh air. Although I didn't walk around for more than just a little bit, I was actually content just to stand and enjoy the breeze and watch the clouds in the moonlit sky. I stood outside for maybe a half-hour. 

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I am doing much better in preferring to stand instead of sitting down. I've been reading how much healthier it is to stand instead of sit, or better yet to stand instead of lay down, which has been a problem for many of my decades. 

Then when I was ready to go to bed around midnight, I felt an energy, a buzz still going strong that would have to settle down before I could fall asleep, all without having taken any nap whatsoever during the afternoon. And this morning I woke up feeling more rested then before. I'm not afraid at all that I'll need a nap later today either.

I'd read that there would many benefits to this cleansing and detox besides the usual losing of inches and gaining energy, but it's exciting to see what is unfolding! Will I change to the point where I start doing things that have never appealed to me before? I highly doubt I'll start riding motorcycles... I'd still rather go birdwatching.

No comments:

Post a Comment