Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 24 - cleansing and detox

I got a call yesterday from a cousin (yet a different one), and we started to catch up with what each other was doing. She's led such an interesting life and has known a great number of celebrities: Sting, the late Jaco Pastorius, Robert Downey, Jr., and many more. She finds it amusing whenever I get all excited when she casually mentions the name of somebody famous. She doesn't "name drop" though; they just happen to be people she's known. 

I remember describing the movie 'The Player' to her awhile ago and mentioned that it was directed by Robert Altman. And she responded, "Oh, I know Robert!" In fact, that's exactly what she said when I mentioned Robert Downey, Jr. in a later conversation. She also knew his father, and mostly knew Robert Jr. when he was a child.

My great excitement was telling her about how I've been losing weight and that our cousin could tell just by looking at my neck. I mentioned the cleansing I am doing and she knew all about cleansing and eating right. She went on to mention the very things that are a big part of the video I linked to in a recent post. How it is much more difficult to find food now that hasn't been subject to chemicals. I must admit that I found that video to be a bit of a shock piece when I first saw it, but really, the problem cannot be overstated and talking with my cousin helped reinforce that point. 

She talked of buying organic and being aware of the things being fed our cattle, such as corn, things that have been genetically modified. I think that it's just so much easier to buy products that are manufactured safely so I don't have to shop for groceries that carefully. 

(Looking online, I just found out that Robert Altman passed away in 2006.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment