Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 14 - SECOND CLEANSE DAY!

It went well yesterday - I knew what to expect this time around since it was my second time doing it. The little snacks I'm allowed to eat helped to sate my desire to chew on something. Plus if I felt hungry, I simply told myself that I'd eat some real food the next day (today!). 

As I did my first time on a cleanse day, I skipped my usual exercising on the stationary bike to conserve energy. 

Anyway, what is all this leading up to? Well, it's the 2-week anniversary of me starting this program, so I weighed and measured myself. Granted, it was the morning after essentially fasting, but I was really pleased with the numbers.

First of all, I weigh 8-9 pounds less than when I started! I expect this to fluctuate bits here and there, but I should overall keep the extra weight off. It feels great not having as big a roll of flesh hanging over my waist band. Although now, I realize that I could stand to lose quite a bit more before I am fit and trim. I honestly had no idea how much my goal was in terms of how many pounds I wanted to shed. I'm a long way from having washboard abdominals.

My stomach measurement is 2-3 inches less, which is nice but again a long way to go. A nice start though! What surprised me is my neck measurement which has gone down half an inch. 

What's also nice is I don't feel weak from starving myself trying lose weight. The shakes are highly nutritious and I'm convinced highly engineered. I wouldn't mind stuffing myself at a buffet, but that will never change. It is requiring some discipline to not eat anything and everything that tastes good, but I've always known to avoid certain kinds of foods. 

And still, the best part of this detox is having more energy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment