Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 13 - cleansing and detox

So yesterday, I was feeling like another round on my stationary bicycle in the late afternoon. A 1/2 workout - just 15 minutes compared to the 30 minutes I do each morning. Afterwards I went to sit down on the arm of my couch to watch some television... and dozed off! Slightly though. I remember fading in and out and the next thing I knew, it was 20 minutes later! 

Oh well, these things will happen too. At least I got some extra exercise in and didn't feel the need to actually lie down and nap for an hour or so. All in all, this is still an improvement over what I used to do most every day.

Another improvement I've had since starting this cleansing and detox program is I don't mind standing. What do I mean by that? Well, it used to be such an undesired option for me to stand if I could sit. And now, standing isn't so bad anymore. Hopefully this will continue to get better as I'm still a bit of a sitter. But lately if I'm just parked in a chair sitting down watching the game or something for a long period of time, I've felt the need to get up and pace around or stand. It's a restless energy I haven't felt in a long time. 

Or I'll go outside and walk around barefoot on the concrete for brief periods. Have I mentioned the concept of 'Earthing' before? It's the exchanging of electrons between one's body and the Earth or something like that. Ever since I read it, I've been 'Earthing' including using a mat that I put at the end of my bed for my feet to be in contact with as I sleep. Besides walking around barefoot during the day too. The book makes a good argument that insulating one's feet from the Earth with shoes is unhealthy. 

And while I'm at it, while people avoid sunlight altogether because they want to protect their skin, there are the health benefits of being outside and soaking in the rays that they are missing. From Vitamin D, primarily. Here's an interesting article about Vitamin D I just found: Vitamin D myths, facts and statistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment