Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 21 - THIRD CLEANSE DAY!

Weighed myself first thing this morning - I've lost 4 more pounds over the past week! 

When I started this cleanse and detox three weeks ago, I weighed 179 lbs. and this morning I weighed 166 lbs., so that's um... carry the two... 13 pounds total! 

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I said that today I would do a second consecutive 'cleanse' day. I feel about the same as yesterday, so I'm not suffering twice as much, not that it's ever suffering. Of course, I long for some real food, but I'm finding it all worth it.  :-) 

I took the usual measurements (which I'll do tomorrow morning as well), and the most important measurement to me, around the abdomen or tummy area, is 3 inches less than when I started. And I've lost another inch from my waist, for a total of 2 inches less there than when I began. I'm curious to see how things look tomorrow since I'm doing a cleanse 2 days in a row.

My neck is even another quarter of an inch thinner around. 

Throughout this cleanse and detox, what I haven't been doing is any strength training. It's not all about losing weight, just unhealthy weight. I would love to gain some solid lean muscle too, so I should start incorporating some workouts as well. The shakes that I am using to replace meals with are made from high-grade whey protein, and are full of balanced nutrients. 

This nutritional cleansing and detox isn't meant necessarily to help one lose weight, nor even the additional bonuses of gaining energy and not needing to nap in the afternoon. Of course, it's certainly nice to have something as visual as slimming down to show people! But like I've mentioned before, there are other benefits to doing a safe and gentle cleansing such as this one, as you can probably imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment