Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 17 - cleansing and detox

It's nice how with this 30-day cleansing and detox program I'm on, when I do eat my one meal per day (I choose to have my meal for lunch and having the shakes for breakfast and dinner), the food tastes better. I don't have to add lots of flavor or anything, just very simple. 

Yesterday, I had a lightly seasoned pre-made turkey patty, cooked and cut up over some brown rice with a simple salad of uncooked spinach, sliced tomatoes and a low-fat ranch dressing. Then some cantaloupe to finish up my meal. Like I mentioned before, I have no idea how much the calories add up to and I always eat enough to fill myself up, but at least I feel I'm eating smarter. 

I suppose an advantage I have doing this over many other people is I don't have a fast-food addiction that I have to break, nor have I ever gotten dependent on drinking coffee or alcohol. I do believe that this detox and cleansing would be an excellent way for someone to break such dependencies, although it would be a lot more of a challenge to get over such addictions, especially during the first few days! Well worth the effort though.

As for smoking, that's hardly even worth mentioning... you've already broken that habit, haven't you? If you do smoke... hmmm... I wonder if this program would help you get over that urge too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment