Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 19 - cleansing and detox

Although it's been carefully emphasized by this product line's company not to make any medical claims, which makes sense because once the boundaries of truth start getting stretched, who knows how far the claims will go? - that's been one of my goals: to get better results on my blood tests. 

I figure as long as I am simply feeling better, then that must say a lot about my health. I don't know exactly why or how I am feeling more energy and don't need to take naps so much anymore. Even when I do doze off during the ball game or sports coverage, I've noticed that it is only for 15-20 minutes or so nowadays, a nice little cat nap. I used to go for an hour to an hour and a half in the afternoons, snoozing quite deeply away. Brief little naps aren't nearly as disruptive to my daily life.

I don't have children, and I hope it's not necessarily too late to start, but I'd always been worried that if I did ever have kids that I wouldn't have the energy to even be awake when they needed me, such as during the crawling-toddler ages when they can get into all kinds of trouble and need a watchful eye from whomever is there to make sure nothing bad happens. I had this fear that if I were the one watching over a young child I simply wouldn't be able to keep my eyes open. Now I feel I could stay awake if necessary! 

Looking back, there was the dozing off during lectures in college (then again, I was majoring in Architectural Engineering which made for very long days and nights of studying and working on projects as it was), the ultimate fighting against the desire to sleep at the jobs I've had... as you can see by my preoccupation with sleeping and napping in these posts, it's been a big, BIG issue throughout my life. Not narcolepsy thank goodness, but always needing to catch up on sleep. It still is a pleasant escape for me though; I truly relish sleep. And if you've kept up with me on this blog, eating too! 

Which reminds me of the personal ad I thought of years ago that would accurately describe who I am: My name is Arthur. I like to sleep and to eat, and I enjoy clothing and shelter. 

I so hope that there's more to me than that, but that's me in a nutshell. Oh! - I like NFL football plus the NFL Draft - that's not boring, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment