Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 25 - cleansing and detox

While riding my stationary bike today, I remembered my cousin didn't say, "Oh, I know Robert!" She said, "Oh, I know Bob!" About both of them. Now, that's knowing them casually. 

My cousin doesn't like to drop names, but I do. So I'll drop a name for her: Ben-Fong Torres. He's famous (or is that Almost Famous?) for being a rock journalist and author, being senior editor of Rolling Stone magazine near its inception. Lately, he's been a co-host for the annual Chinese New Year's parade in San Francisco among other things. They were friends back in high school. 

I was going to mention on my blog about this special mural being created in San Francisco, but as it turns out, Ben (I've written him myself - I'd like to take credit for them re-connecting online - so I'll be casual and call him Ben) wrote about it on his website.

Right now, the part about the mural is the current entry but it's dated September 3, 2012 and is below the part about Clint Eastwood, should you find what I've written here, oh say, years from now... 

Yes, my cousin is Rita Guzman. Funny though, for all the famous people she's known/knows, and all the famous people that Ben has known or still knows, they came to meet them separately. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they exchange tales from the last few decades, but she said they would talk about other things. Am I really that star-struck about famous celebrities? Oh well, that being said... 

I have this other cousin (did I mention that I have 30 first cousins, on my father's side?) who was a young girl when the beautiful actress Tippi Hedren visited my cousins' parents' fish and flower store, and brought along her own little girl, Melanie Griffith! So while the adults were doing whatever they were doing, little Melanie Griffith was playing with my cousin! How cool is that? Of course, that was years ago, and I still haven't been able to see the photographs that were taken. Apparently, and I was too young to remember, my aunt and uncle had a rickshaw that they kept in the store and the two girls took some pictures in it. 

I wonder if either Tippi or Melanie remembers that? If anyone knows them, pass this story along! 

Well, I'm off on a tangent again since I'm supposed to be writing about my cleansing and detox. It's going fine! I'm over two-thirds through my first month and there's really not too much to write about. I still weigh 13 pounds less than the day I started, so that's pretty good. No more 'cleanse' days until after the 30-days are over - I'll have my next one in about two weeks. 

With my added energy, I'm doing things that I wasn't up to doing before. I've been feeling sentimental lately and have been trying to add to my Facebook friends list by clicking the 'Add Friend' button on people I haven't seen for decades, including junior high. It's been quite pleasing that many of them have accepted, so they remember me! If you've been following me here, here's my Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment