Monday, November 9, 2009

tough loss

Tough loss yesterday. But a good competitive game nonetheless. Except for the turnovers, I thought the offense played very well. I enjoyed the playcalling and the playbook looked expanded. A link I keep on my toolbar is for a 49ers discussion group and the emotions and opinions there are down and critical this week. Personally, the only way I can truly enjoy football is by keeping a positive outlook.

I watched Coach Singletary's press conference earlier today, and I am going to follow his lead. The wins will come.

The team has to put a complete game together, meaning all facets of the game: offense, defense, and special teams. They are not yet a well-oiled machine that can afford to make mistakes and still win. They are capable of beating most every team in the league as long as they limit mistakes.

The next game for the 49ers is this Thursday, a very short "week." They play the Chicago Bears at Candlestick. At least the Niners don't have to travel, although if they were playing in Chicago, the story line about Coach Singletary would be a lot more interesting, being that he would be coming back to the city in which he made a name for himself as a player. Still, I'm glad that the Niners are playing at home. For them to make the playoffs, they have to take matters into their own hands and start winning games. They have left themselves in the precarious position of having to rely on their divisional competitors to lose, which is leaving too much out of their control.

This season hasn't been a sudden turnaround for the team, but I see the improvements that will hopefully mean long-term success. Let's stay the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment