Sunday, November 22, 2009

a tale of two halves

Another loss... and with today's loss, the 49ers look like they're out of the playoffs again this season. Good thing their performance in the 2nd half was as encouraging as it was - if they had had a repeat of the 1st half, there would have been a lot of hand wringing in Ninerland.

Like I mentioned before, I don't know enough about the game to be able to comment on just what they did differently in the 2nd half: they operated out of the shotgun more, so that's what they should do throughout the whole game, blah, blah, blah - it's more complicated than that. But as positive as it was for me, I'm sure that it gave a lot for the coaching staff to work with too. And it's important to remember that this is Coach Singletary's first full season as head coach, so it will take patience to allow him to fully implement his vision for the team.

But thanks to the 2nd half, I'll sleep better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment