Monday, November 23, 2009

spelled like it sounds... NOT!

Through watching shows like Top Chef, I've learned about unfamiliar ingredients and cooking methods. I'm still not into cooking however - maybe some day.

A few seasons ago on Top Chef there was mention of what was called a "gooey duck." I mean, that's how it was pronounced - I'd never heard of it. But it sounded like some sort of fowl, most likely having to do with... ducks. Go with the obvious, right? Eventually though, it was mentioned that it was a kind of sea creature, a kind of clam. Okay, I can adjust to that, although it was called a duck.

Now I didn't really think that it was spelled gooey duck; more likely I imagined that the correct spelling would be guiduck or something like that. But when I found out the correct spelling, the thought bubble above my head was simply filled with one big question mark:

Geoduck

************************

and with gooey duck, er, geoduck, I conclude my 100th blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment