Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Rubinoos: Must Be A Word

Funny how some band members will always be known as the "new guy." One example would be the Doobie Brothers. There's a guy that's been with them for over 30 years, John McFee, who took over for Jeff "Skunk" Baxter back in 1979. 

Likewise, Al Chan (no relation) assumed bass playing for the Rubinoos way back in 1980. That's him playing bass in my post for "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" and he's also in this next clip singing lead. 



As best as I can recall, Al has also sung one of my favorite songs by the Grass Roots "Temptation Eyes" in concert. I was unable to find a performance of that on YouTube however. 

Geez, you spend over 30 years playing with a band (not that said band has been continuously performing that entire time, but still...) and at least one person out there still thinks of you as the "new guy." 

No comments:

Post a Comment