Monday, August 5, 2013

Crowded House: Recurring Dream

Here is another recent discovery on YouTube. I'm so glad that someone posted this concert - I too videotaped it over 25 years ago, but I don't know where it is anymore. It's been years since I've seen it but now I can! 

Each song is individually posted and today's video is of a song that I like in particular. I never knew where to find a recorded version, and I didn't even know the name of it. Looking around online, I found that it is called "Recurring Dream" which is the name of one of their compilation albums. This song was originally recorded when Crowded House called themselves "The Mullanes" - after Neil's middle name. 

Looking on Wikipedia just now, I just learned something new, that as The Mullanes, there was a fourth member of the band named Craig Hooper, who co-wrote this song. 

By the way, the fourth member on stage here is Eddie Rayner helping out on keyboards.

This is from the MTV concert: Spring Break from Daytona Beach - 1987 



No comments:

Post a Comment