Sunday, August 4, 2013

Crowded House: Don't Dream It's Over

After Split Enz, Neil Finn formed Crowded House along with Nick Seymour and Paul Hester. 

I have a clear memory of when I first became aware of Crowded House. It was back in college at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. I was arriving at the University Union building (Cal Poly's name for the student union) to study, and saw my friend Jeff sitting at a table. He was surrounded by his books and was listening to his portable cassette player. How's that for dating how old I am? 

Jeff was already into Split Enz, and he told me that Neil had formed a new band and they had released an album, which is what he was listening to. So he handed me his headphones and I listened to at least a few songs. And the song that appealed to me the most was "Don't Dream It's Over." 



No comments:

Post a Comment