Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Left Banke: Pretty Ballerina

My memory is going; I don't remember if I've posted about The Left Banke already. But hey, why not write about them again; that is, if I've already written about them, maybe some of you are new to this blog and so this is new to you.

I knew of one of their hits from the late '60s, Walk Away Renee, and was barely familiar with today's song, which caught my ear one day (last year, I'm guessing) on the Music Choice channel on television. 

So I researched and read about them and found things on YouTube, I was so impressed. There are only the two bigger hit songs that I care to listen to, this one and Renee, though I really, really like them. 

One interesting tidbit I found out during my research was how a singer named Steven Tallarico contributed backing vocals to some later tracks recorded by The Left Banke. This singer eventually became better known under a different name, as the lead singer for some band named Aerosmith. You may know him as Steven Tyler! 





The Left Banke held so much promise, but fell victim to problems and "creative differences." 

No comments:

Post a Comment