Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Greg Kihn Band: Roadrunner

Even when the original band was still together, I hardly ever saw the Greg Kihn Band play live. My very first concert of theirs was after they had added a fifth member to the group - I think it was at the Keystone Berkeley. 

Here's a clip of what they were like around then: 



The lineup as I knew them then was: Greg Kihn (guitar and lead vocals); Dave Carpender (lead guitar and vocals); Steve Wright (bass guitar and vocals); Larry Lynch (drums and vocals); and Gary Phillips (keyboards, guitar, and vocals). 

Another concert I saw of them was in college when they played at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. Opening for them? A band called Great Buildings, significant in that a couple of them went on to form the Rembrandts, known for playing the theme song "I'll Be There For You" for the sitcom "Friends."

No comments:

Post a Comment