Thursday, August 22, 2013

Greg Kihn Band: The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)

It was only after this first big hit of the Greg Kihn Band's that I really came to start liking them, and then seeing them in concert. And of course, by then, so did everybody else it seemed. The line to get into the venue was around the block, and I was hearing from my brother and his friends how different it was for one of their concerts to be that crowded. That's what a hit song will do for a band. 



I remember going back through their older albums and listening to them before seeing them perform live, the ones that my brother had. And I had had it set in mind that there were four of them. Well, the flyers that were posted on telephone poles and the like showed five of them. 

With that and the line around the block, I felt like a latecomer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment