Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Yardbirds: Heart Full of Soul

Continuing on with songs written by Graham Gouldman is this other hit by The Yardbirds. This clip I just found opens with Casey Casem of Top 40 Countdown fame giving a brief description of the band. 

Ironically (or maybe I should say interestingly), Eric Clapton left the Yardbirds because he didn't like the pop direction the band was going in with the song in my last post, "For Your Love." Eric preferred the blues. 

Besides the famous guitar players that came out of this band, I should also mention late singer Keith Relf, who does not nearly get his due. 


The Yardbirds: Heart Full of Soul

Note: For awhile now, I've been frustrated over and over again because the embedding of videos that I have been using in previous posts took what seemed like forever getting the code to "take" so I am going back to providing a simple link. Not as fun nor appealing, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment