Thursday, August 1, 2013

Split Enz: Message to My Girl

As I've mentioned in previous posts, Split Enz went through several lineup changes. If you've read at all about Neil's later band, Crowded House, you'll have seen that among their members were bassist Nick Seymour, and ex-Split Enz members Neil Finn and drummer Paul Hester. The band started with the three, but changed a little bit too as time went on. 

Split Enz itself went through four drummers that I know of: Emlyn Crowther, Malcolm Green, Noel Crombie, and finally, Paul Hester. 

The video included in this post shows a glimpse of Paul playing drums, as Noel Crombie went back to playing his preferred percussion. This is one of my favorite Split Enz songs and one I wasn't even aware of until I bought their compilation CD, History Never Repeats: the Best of Split Enz.

Although I am mentioning Paul as if he was still alive, tragically he committed suicide back in 2005. 



No comments:

Post a Comment