Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Rubinoos: 40th Anniversary Documentary

Now this is a find, a discovery! It's a 24-minute documentary showing the history of the Rubinoos from the very beginning. Before I go further, have I yet mentioned Tommy Dunbar's name in my Rubinoos posts? He is the guitarist-extraordinaire and co-vocalist of the band. He also was the co-writer of "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" and was part of the suit I mentioned in an earlier post.

And the bassist for the first two albums is Royse Ader, prior to Al Chan joining the band.



There is a lot here that I didn't know before. It matches what I'm seeing in their Wikipedia article. They've had quite a history, what with appearances on American Bandstand and The Old Grey Whistle Test, plus much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment