Sunday, September 15, 2013

XTC: Senses Working Overtime

Alright, why don't we skip up to the '80s? (Okay, okay, XTC began in the '70s).

XTC first won me over with this song and this video. First impressions being as strong as they are, for awhile I thought that Andy Partridge was the lead singer all the time and always wore a hat! At least that's what I pictured whenever I listened to their songs. 



I still think that he and Colin Moulding's voices sound a lot alike; Colin is the bass player who sings lead much of the time too. 

I remember asking for XTC's English Settlement album as a gift at the time, and probably their English import since that is what I got. It is a double album as opposed to a single album which was the American release. The album's graphics are like the bass drum in this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment