Thursday, July 11, 2013

Survival Sampler - The Smiths: What Difference Does It Make?

Quite awhile ago, I made a post or two about my most valuable possessions. Recently, I thought about another possession that means a lot to me: my cassette tape called: Survival Sampler - SR-1A Sound Rations. 

It's in a cool looking can that has Army-style print and has the look of food rations, I imagine. And the cassette inside has a fantastic variety of the alternative music of the time which was 1984. Almost 30 years ago! Yikes! How time flies. Yesterday's post of Echo & the Bunnymen is of a song that must be about that old too. 

For the next series of posts, I'm going to go through the list of songs in the order they are in in my Survival Sampler. This cassette introduced me to some bands that were new to me at the time. And some that were already favorites. 




No comments:

Post a Comment