Thursday, July 4, 2013

Boston by Augustana

Much better putting the video directly into the blog post, isn't it? I think all I've done in the past is include a text link to the videos I wanted to share. Apologies for the ad though; I'm not sure how to get rid of it. 

I remember years ago that for the longest time I thought: what's the big deal with YouTube? Are people really that interested in strangers' home movies? It took quite awhile for me to discover that YouTube is for more than just posting home movies.

I'm going to keep posting favorite videos for awhile and see how that goes. I've got a whole bunch of them bookmarked; I just love whiling away time looking at music videos on YouTube. And like Amazon, there are many, many suggestions that take me in all sorts of directions. 

Here's one that I started listening to weeks before the bombings during the Boston Marathon. The song is so beautiful in itself, and yet took on a particular sadness after the tragedy although the lyrics are totally unrelated. 

This version is my favorite. Like several other songs by other musicians, the live version is what does it for me - much more so than the studio version. I don't know much about the band Augustana, but here is the main guy, Dan Layus, accompanied by a couple of musicians whom I don't think are normally in the band. 





No comments:

Post a Comment