Friday, July 5, 2013

Seal sings Bowie

How many of you remember the VH-1 show, Unplugged? It was perhaps my favorite way to see performances by my favorite bands. Sometimes I like to imagine particular bands performing in that format, even though it would never happen. 

Anyway, my very favorite Unplugged concert was by Seal. I have others that are up there: R.E.M. and the Church come to mind, but Seal's was almost perfect. I'm surprised the DVD of it isn't available... at least not as far as I know. 

Here's the audio of my very favorite song from that performance; I have a VHS of the concert on videotape, but it's nice to have access to the song on YouTube, even though it's just the sound. I even prefer this version to David Bowie's himself - maybe because I heard Seal's first. 



No comments:

Post a Comment