Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Survival Sampler - King Crimson: Sleepless

My cassette says that it has the 12-inch version of this song, but I'm including a live version I found on YouTube of the band performing in Japan. This is another of the songs I didn't spend much time listening to on Survival Sampler. I guess I preferred the earlier songs on each side of the cassette and so was able to fast-forward to the end of the tape, flip it over, and press "Play" to start the other side whenever I listened to it. 

All I knew about King Crimson was that their bass player, Tony Levin, was in Paul Simon's band during the "One Trick Pony" years: Tony Levin, bass; Richard Tee, keyboards; Eric Gale, lead guitar; and Steve Gadd, drums. Now, if I got that right, I'm impressed - I didn't just look it up online or anything. 

So here's the video for the final cut on the first side of the cassette: 



No comments:

Post a Comment