Friday, July 19, 2013

Survival Sampler - The Bluebells: I'm Falling

If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I love trivia, and in particular, trivia about music: musicians, band lineups, interesting connections, etc. 

I don't recall how or when I started learning one interesting bit about The Bluebells - about their bass player, Lawrence Donnegan. I suppose it may have been one day when I heard the local sports radio show talk to him as a special golf correspondent. 

Being a golf correspondent is one of the things he does now, but in the past he performed as a musician. And he wasn't just in The Bluebells; he was in a favorite band of mine (although not such a favorite that I knew the names of the band members, nor own each of their albums - I happen to like some of their music, okay?)... Lloyd Cole and the Commotions! 

But for now, here are The Bluebells; I couldn't find a video of this song that showed more than a glimpse of the bass player. 




No comments:

Post a Comment