Tuesday, September 4, 2012

the genius of Steven Wright

I wonder how many of you know of the comedian Steven Wright. He is of my generation, and is known for his very dry and droll humor, delivered in a particularly deadpan manner. No, really.

Not too long ago, I looked online to see if I could find any sites that listed some of his best lines. There are many such sites, and I read through one of them trying to find my favorite observations of his. Two really stood out and became my favorites. Unfortunately, I didn't bookmark the particular site, and I haven't found these two favorite lines anywhere else. So I'm paraphrasing what I remember of them here: 

If humans evolved from monkeys and apes, then why are there still monkeys and apes? 

Bullets bounce off of Superman's chest... so why does he duck when somebody throws a gun at him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment