Monday, September 17, 2012

Game 2 - Lions vs. 49ers

Victory!

And not as nerve-wracking this week. I was afraid after last week that my heart would be pounding and my mind filled with anxiety during every game, but I guess it was just first game-of-the-season jitters. 

It's human nature to complain and criticize, and this year's 49ers squad has been so good, I can't think of much to write about. I could go on and on about the great play of a lot of players, but really, how fun is that? I'll simply mention one name: Michael Crabtree. He certainly was dialed in last night.

One thing I've been wondering about is whether or not Coach John Harbaugh of the Baltimore Ravens also alternates his players' lockers, defensive player next to offensive player next to defensive player and so on. As I understand, that is what Coach Jim Harbaugh has done in the 49ers locker room. It has done wonders in generating a sense of unity throughout the entire squad. They're all in this together and it is fantastic to see. 

Which has made me look back to when John and Jim were growing up and sharing a bedroom; did they dream together of each eventually coaching an NFL team? Did they begin formulating their plans and bounce ideas off of each other as to the best ways to get the most out of their players? Or game-planning and strategizing? The Ravens and 49ers sure seem to be constructed the same way - and very well I might add! 

No comments:

Post a Comment