Friday, September 28, 2012

Day 8 - cleansing and detox

Alright, I survived my first cleanse day from 2 days ago and even went out for lunch with family and relatives yesterday (not as a reward or anything, but it had been planned before my cleansing and detox began). And yet today I felt compelled to measure my abdominal area - it was 1/2 to 1-inch less than before, depending on how much I did or didn't hold in my stomach for my 'Before' measurement. That seems about right; I don't feel like I've lost a great deal of weight, but my stomach does seem a little less hefty nonetheless. 

I have a pair of pants that I haven't worn for years that I'm aiming to fit into: it's marked as being 32-inches around the waist, although from what I learned on my first day, my waist may well measure several inches more and still fit into what's labeled.

The important thing to me is that I have no spare tire hanging over the front, and ultimately, wouldn't it be fantastic to actually have washboard abdominals? I've never had those.

For exercise, I've been doing like I've been doing for over a year: 30 minutes on the stationary bike, which is just my road bike propped up on an exercise stand. 

As I gain energy, I may do more - not just on the bike but other forms of exercise as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment