Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 4 - cleansing and detox

Not much to report today. Yesterday after writing my post, I did kind of cheat on my regular food meal. Although I had salmon, brown basmati rice, and vegetables, I ate maybe two servings! I have no idea how many calories that added up to; I'm hoping it didn't go too high. 

So to augment what I've just written, I'm going to describe the series of dreams I had last night. Hey, it's MY blog, "I can do what I want!" (said in a Cartman from South Park voice.)

I don't always remember my dreams. If I had to guess, I'd say on average I'll remember several per month, usually within days of each other.

I can recall three parts from last night: The first took place in the local shopping center/large strip mall, Park 'N Shop. Although I was in the building (the store spaces ran into each other), I found myself in an enclosed quasi-wilderness. There were some bleachers. 

As I was walking along, I noticed there was a grizzly bear wandering behind me. I started to run, but knew I couldn't outrun it nor hide, so I ran but without a desperate panic. I did glance over at it and even though it noticed me, it chose to leave me alone and ran past me. Over the course of this dream, whenever I saw it, it continued to leave me alone. Now, I wasn't completely at ease and calm - deep down I was absolutely heart-pounding terrified! Yet I felt somehow positive with a whatever happens, happens attitude. 

The second of last night's several dreams also took place at Park 'N Shop, but this time I was outside in the parking lot area. But it wasn't all parking lot as it is in real life - there was an outdoor plaza where people could sit and mingle. I was sitting out there with family and/or friends (I don't remember who). What I remember is I was being questioned by Nancy Grace about which stores were part of Park 'N Shop years ago. It felt like I was being interrogated for some reason.

She asked where the fountains used to be, and I couldn't say. All I could tell her was I remembered a shoe store, my favorite place to get shoes when I was a kid, Watkins Bootery.

The last dream I remember from last night took place in another part of town. I was meeting with two of my cousins and their late mother/my late aunt at a restaurant for breakfast. We were seated outside at a table under an umbrella; it was warm and the sun was worth shielding ourselves from. It took awhile for me to decide what I wanted to eat. I was about to order some hash browns and french fries when I woke up. Yes, I was dreaming about eating! Love the potatoes.

Besides that though, it was nice seeing my aunt again. I didn't even grow up seeing her all that often, but I remember her always being in a pleasant mood. It was a pleasant outing. 

Of course, this is what I am able to describe - these dreams had other details and impressions, feelings that I can't quite put into words. Hmmm... a grizzly bear and being questioned by Nancy Grace. In case you're wondering, the grizzly was more frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment