Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 7 - FIRST CLEANSE DAY!

It wasn't so bad, actually. 

There were only a couple of times I had to fight off the thought that I was feeling hungry, so it wasn't an entire day spent thinking about food. Once was in the morning before I knew what to expect since it was my first 'cleanse' day, and then later in the evening after I had consumed my last nutritive drink. 

I got the expected headache like I did on my first day of this program, but it wasn't nearly as bad. Still, I would recommend doing cleanse days on weekends or when one can spend the day at home, not so much because of the headache but to more easily follow the instructions of what to consume when. 

Plus, have I mentioned using a water filter system like Brita? I hate to think that people are consuming so much purified water out of plastic bottles. Please use a system that filters tap water instead of adding to the mountains of plastic being manufactured for bottled water. Yet I do wonder if the plastic water filters themselves are recyclable. I'll have to look into what to do with the spent ones of those.

Overall, it was a day where I had frequent nutritive drinks and some supplements spread out every couple of hours or so. Which ended my first week on this 30-Day cleanse and detox regimen I am on... just over three more weeks to go! 

Keep in mind that this is just the 30-Day cleanse part of a system; I intend to continue with meal replacement shakes twice a day from now on. Which will allow me to eat regular, though smart, meals once every day. I should be able to deal with that.

********

My first week on this cleanse and detox coincidentally ended the same day, pending signatures, as the NFL referee lockout. Good thing I got my thoughts about it off my chest yesterday. Now, as anybody who has been following this knows, we all have to cut a little slack to the regular refs as they get back into the groove of officiating games. Remember, they didn't get a preseason so it will take awhile for them to get back up to speed. 

I sure hope they've been staying sharp somehow by reading the rule book and making special note of any changes for this season. They'll be operating under a microscope - but even from the very first game they officiate, I can't imagine them being as bad and incompetent as the replacement refs were. I would also like to mention that the replacement refs were individuals so shouldn't all be considered at the same level of ability; some were better than others, so let's not be derisive of all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment