Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 5 - cleansing and detox

Another day in what is becoming pretty routine. Fortunately the shakes taste really good, like protein powders I used to drink such as MET-Rx. Very tasty - I could drink 10 times as much, just as I would enjoy eating 10 times the amount of the company's snack foods than I am allowed... but of course that would defeat the purpose. 

Tomorrow is my first 'cleanse' day, which will be NO solid food from a regular meal. According to the instructions, I'll get to eat some chewable tablets and a special sort of energy chocolate. But besides those, just liquids. It's supposed to really clean out my system, hence the name. I'll do 4 of those this month; I hope my body is ready and primed for it.

Otherwise, these shake days I've gotten pretty accustomed to. Like I mentioned above, routine. My mealtimes are simpler now, and I even feel that going out for the occasional restaurant meal will be manageable. Maybe every two or three weeks ought to be okay. 

In fact, the day after tomorrow I am going to meet some family and relatives at a Japanese restaurant. I'll just have some salmon over rice instead of a bento box that includes tempura. Maybe some sushi though - I'll try not to go crazy. 

In any case, I'll be more careful than usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment