Saturday, September 29, 2012

Day 9 - cleansing and detox

Yesterday was an eventful day: without having to fight off feeling sleepy and needing my usual afternoon nap, I didn't nap at all! This may seem small to most people but for me it's almost cataclysmic (but in a good way). 

This feeling of sleepiness in the afternoons has made my life miserable. It's adversely affected me at school and at work. Truly, when I have afforded myself the luxury of taking a nap, I've slept so soundly and deeply that it's what I've imagined is the kind of sleep that most people get at night.

I've had people suggest that all I have to do is resist my afternoon nap, save all that sleepiness for the nighttime, and viola! The simple solution to all my sleep problems. Well... no, doesn't work that way. They could be the same people that suggest that I drink non-fat milk and thus solve my problems with lactose-intolerance. Nope again. But I digress... 

As for yesterday's 'no need for a nap' afternoon, I hope that it eventually becomes my new daily routine. Time will tell, but if it's just easier for me to stay awake and alert throughout a typical day, that will be such a huge victory. Now I don't expect any of this to change my personality such as remake me into a dynamic, gregarious extrovert, but if I can just act and feel more alive and energized to do the things I like to do, what a plus that would be! 

I also learned yesterday that some people on this program go back down to 1 meal replacement shake per typical day after they reach their weight-loss goals sometime after their first 30-day 'cleansing and detoxing' whereas others prefer to stay on the 2 shakes and 1 meal regimen for a longer period of time. I may stay with 2 shakes per day for at least a month longer. I'll see how I feel and look.

No comments:

Post a Comment