Saturday, October 3, 2009

quack!

With my interest in advertising and marketing, I like to imagine what that first presentation of a proposed ad campaign must have looked like. Having just watched an AFLAC commercial and their iconic white duck, I'm picturing the fateful day when the ad agency suggested to their client, the American Family Life Assurance Company, that "there's this duck, a white duck, and it talks, but it's not so much that it talks, but this duck, instead of quacking, actually says "AFLAC!" AFLAC... for American Family Life Assurance Company! Get it? AFLAC? Instead of quack? It'll be great! People don't even have to know what AFLAC stands for, all they'll know is that your white duck says it! And that's it... what do you think?"


Personally, I like the duck. I'm glad that the client went with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment