Sunday, October 18, 2009

a Latin pun

I have a love-hate relationship with puns - I love telling them and hate hearing them.

What makes a good pun anyway? Tell a pun to almost anyone and even the good ones elicit a grimace in the face of the listener. Yet, some people actually like puns. I suppose it's similar to liking spicy-hot food - as painful as it is, some people simply enjoy the sensation.

I'm not one of those people...

but I'm often thinking up puns anyway. Oh well, as long as I'm coming up with them and not having to hear them, I'll be okay.

So in that spirit, and inspired by city slogans such as "Gilroy - the Garlic Capital of the World" and "It's Happening in Soledad" here is what came to mind for my hometown of Concord, CA:


Veni, vidi, vici


Thanks folks, I'm here all week...

No comments:

Post a Comment