Sunday, October 4, 2009

pencil-necked geek

Football players make me feel so... inadequate. And one of the ways is from comparing the size of their necks to mine. Watching them when they are playing, it's not as noticeable. It's difficult to see how big their necks are; they really just look proportional to the helmets that they are wearing. It is when they take their helmets off and particularly when they are being interviewed in regular clothes that one can see how big their necks are.

When I am walking around, I don't think that my neck looks unusually thin - I think it looks about the right size. It's those few times that I looked at myself in the mirror while wearing a football helmet (one of my cousins had one) that I looked wrong... really wrong. Whereas a football player looks perfectly natural while wearing a football helmet, I look like a pencil-necked geek.

No comments:

Post a Comment