Thursday, March 18, 2010

when stars meet stars

Last night I was watching one of the nightly entertainment shows, and they had an update about the singer Gwen Stefani. It reminded me of something I saw years ago that I really found quite charming.

It must have also been on one of those
nightly entertainment shows. It was a red-carpet event with someone from the show interviewing celebrities as they made their appearances. I can still picture it, although the details escape me. What I see though is a lady interviewer at one end of the red carpet standing next to actress Julia Roberts. Movie Star Julia Roberts! A big-time celebrity to be sure. They were standing there chatting when a commotion started behind them at the other end of the carpet: Gwen Stefani was just making her entrance. And Julia Roberts got all shy! She kept herself turned away from Ms. Stefani, hiding her face. The interviewer noticed her reaction and made a comment, and Ms. Roberts gushed something like "I'm such a big fan!" So the interviewer offered to introduce her to the pop star, and Ms. Roberts said something to the effect of "No, no, no, I don't want her to see me!" while still trying to hide herself.

It's easy to understand how star-struck an average person might get when being around somebody famous, but to see a celebrity react the same way - utterly charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment