Sunday, March 14, 2010

the Hollies' greatest hits (see UPDATE!!!)

I didn't really start buying records until I was in college. Before that, I listened to the albums that my older siblings had collected or otherwise were 'lying around the house.' I don't know how we obtained lots of our collections, such as the boxed set of Motown hits. We had Carpenters albums and Monkees albums that I also loved listening to. I didn't know much about the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album because I didn't grow up listening to it... we didn't own it. What we did have was Revolver and Magical Mystery Tour. Naturally, those were my favorite Beatles albums.

As I got older and into high school, I can distinctly remember my brother bringing home albums by The Guess Who, the Raspberries, the Zombies - and I'm pretty sure it was his album of the Hollies' Greatest Hits that got me familiar with their, well, greatest hits, beyond the songs that I was familiar with from the radio. Their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is also what I am most looking forward to tomorrow night. I can't wait to see who will be there - hopefully all of the members will be able to make it. Crosby, Stills, Nash (& Young) are considered one of the first of the supergroups, being comprised of David Crosby (from the Byrds), Stephen Stills and Neil Young (from Buffalo Springfield), and Graham Nash from... the Hollies. I fully expect him to be there to accept the honor, and sing too.

Besides Faith Hill participating, as I mentioned in a previous entry, I found out that Chris Isaak will also take part in tomorrow's ceremonies. I wonder whom he will be there to honor and/or perform with?

Also in anticipation of the induction ceremonies tomorrow, I wanted to make sure that I could view them. In looking them up, they are going to be telecast by fuse.tv, a station I was unfamiliar with. Here in Concord, on Comcast, it is on channel 476 tomorrow at 8:30 p.m. I can't wait!

(UPDATE!!! - I just checked again and the 8:30 p.m. start time is Eastern Standard Time, so where I live it starts at 5:30 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment