Friday, February 5, 2010

rain dance

There's a quote that I have seen used while reading book reviews. I can't recall exactly what it is, but it's used as an alternative to another often used quote. That's what I really appreciate about websites such as Amazon.com - people's opinions. I may not always agree with them, but I almost always find them helpful.

The original quote goes something like: "If it can't be proven by science, then it doesn't exist." The alternative (and better, in my opinion) quote would be: "If it can't be proven by science, then it may or may not exist."

I believe that there's a lot more out there than what can be proven through Newtonian physics - maybe there really is something to the Native American Rain Dance and the idea that 'thoughts are things.'

No comments:

Post a Comment