Tuesday, February 9, 2010

lovely Rona and the Lakers

I once worked with a beautiful woman named Rona - and she was a Laker fan. Although she was from the Bay Area, I guess that's the team her family and friends liked.

Now I'm a Bay Area fan, meaning I root for the sports teams that represent the Bay Area. In basketball, that would be the Warriors. It hasn't been easy; in that way, it's like rooting for the Cubs in baseball. But they're my team.

I remember one day I was at work and noticed that Rona was upset. I found out that she was upset because the Lakers had lost their most recent game. Being a Warriors fan, I was used to losing so I couldn't relate to her emotions. I tried to be empathetic but I guess I wasn't doing a very good job. And I can still picture it now, how she turned her lovely face towards me and said, "But Arthur, the Lakers haven't won the championship in years."

Because it was Rona, why start something? But she was talking to a Warriors fan - the one championship they've won while in the Bay Area was back in 1975!

No comments:

Post a Comment