Thursday, February 18, 2010

dancing with the winter olympians

One of the reality competitions that I enjoy watching is 'Dancing With the Stars.' I never imagined that I would get into it when it first came on the air, but somehow I did. It's like watching 'American Idol' for me - it's easy to get caught up in the drama, the personalities, and the talent. And because of DWTS, which Olympic athletes immediately come to mind? Apolo Anton Ohno and Louie Vito!

I can imagine the voiceover of a sports announcer saying about Apolo that "No U.S. ballroom dancer has ever won more medals in the Winter Olympics" and I can't help but watch him compete, hoping to catch a glimpse of Julianne Hough in the crowd. Or last night, watching the snowboarding competition with Louie and looking for Chelsie Hightower in the stands.

Maybe I shouldn't be admitting all this, so I'll end by saying in a low, yelling from the 50-yard line kind of voice "Go Niners!" Then again, no U.S. ballroom dancer has ever scored more touchdowns than Jerry Rice...

No comments:

Post a Comment