Friday, April 30, 2010

ouch!... reposte

Here's something that I heard on the radio many years ago. Personally, I think it's a bit harsh to use except in the most extreme cases.

So you're at a dance and you work up the courage to ask a girl for a dance. And instead of simply and politely saying no, she laughs and is generally disparaging (looks you up and down and rolls her eyes and says something like: "You have got to be kidding"). Here's a comeback you can use to try to save face:

"Don't be so picky... I wasn't!"


********

Which reminds me of something that actually happened, kind of the opposite situation, really uncomfortable. I went to a party in high school, and not being the social type,
I was filled with anxiety. A couple of female acquaintances tried to gently get me to dance, but they were understanding. Then some girl I hardly knew asked me to dance, and as I had been doing that entire evening, I tried to get out of it. And she said, "Am I not pretty enough?"

Ever since then I've associated dancing with guilt... oh well, I don't have the rhythm in me anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment