Sunday, January 17, 2010

making boilers

Speaking of team names, I really like the names that colleges have - they are more creative and have more personality than professional teams. Go Anteaters! (UC Irvine) Go Banana Slugs! (UC Santa Cruz)

My high school has the mascot Eagles. Boring if you ask me. But wait - they're the Ugly Eagles? Now I like that, that's a lot more interesting. I don't remember much about what the football helmets looked like back from when I was a student, but I was happy to see a photograph in the newspaper from a football game played this past season. Where I imagine the helmets once had 'Eagles' written in script, is now the word 'Ugly.' Cool!

But getting back to college names, they're so interesting: Buckeyes, Hawkeyes, Nittany Lions, Crimson Tide, Red Raiders, Golden Gophers, and so many more. The one that stands out for me is the one from Purdue - the Boilermakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment