Tuesday, January 26, 2010

the Apprentice theme song

The things we do to keep ourselves amused... or is it just me?

Here's a little thing I do to crack myself up: If you are familiar with the television show The Apprentice, you know that besides having "The Donald" (Donald Trump) as its host, what really makes the show is the theme song For the Love of Money by the O'Jays. I think the show owes its popularity to that song. But what if instead of For the Love of Money, we were to substitute another song, say, another song by the O'Jays?

Love Train!

Can you imagine the show's opening using that song instead? The contestants dressed in their finest business attire looking all serious, walking together with determined expressions on their faces, with the lyrics ("People all over the world, join hands, start a love train, love train") playing in the background.

So if you see me stopped at a stoplight and I suddenly break out laughing, I might be imagining The Apprentice with a new theme song.

No comments:

Post a Comment