Monday, January 25, 2010

all you can eat dim sum

Years ago, I was foolish enough to believe that I could really put the food away. It's never been true though, even in my younger days; few people enjoy eating as much as I do and I eat pretty slowly, so it only appears that I can eat a lot in a single sitting. And after all, I was never even able to finish a 'beached whale' burrito at Pepe Delgado's in San Luis Obispo back in my college days.

Still, one day I went with my ex-brother-in-law to a Chinese restaurant around Modesto that advertised having "all you can eat" dim sum. We'll clean them out! we thought. It was not to be though; in fact, by the time we were done, we both felt a bit sheepish. We're lucky that there weren't any witnesses besides the waitress. But a point I'd like to make is the waitress served us plates of the fried kinds of dim sum first; I wonder if we could have requested that she serve the steamed kinds first. Methinks serving the fried dim sum first was a quite deliberate tactic to curb our (and anybody else's) appetites. Come to think of it, serving the food buffet-style would have been nice.

1 comment:

  1. I remember you telling me about the place. I always wanted to go there. I eat a lot less than I used to, but I just like the idea of all you can eat.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete