Thursday, January 21, 2010

high school jackets

More memories:

Finding just the right jacket to wear has always been difficult for me. A couple of examples would be from back in high school. My first recollection is when I tried wearing my new letterman's jacket to school. Not really new though - it had been my older brother's. After he graduated, he was okay with our mom redoing it to reflect the sport that I had lettered in: Fencing. So I wore it several times to school, but the comments from a few of my classmates became too much for me... Fencing?

Another jacket I tried wearing had a letterman's jacket style, but wasn't a letterman's jacket. This actually occurred before the above example. This particular jacket was brown with tan sleeves, and was made of a fuzzy type of fabric. Back then, I would occasionally spend the morning break visiting the part of the quad where my older brother and his friends would hang out. I'm guessing I was just a sophomore then. So one day, I was wearing this brown and tan fuzzy felt-like jacket and walked up towards where my brother's friend Pete was sitting. And Pete took one look at me and said simply, "Fozzie Bear!" And I never wore that jacket to school again.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that Ken Tilcock put Frisbee on his letterman's jacket even though he lettered in Track.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I don't remember that! I can picture him doing it, though.

    ReplyDelete