Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ice cream flavors

Growing up, my favorite flavor of ice cream was fudge marble. Or was it marble fudge? It was my go-to choice when my father treated us to a stop for ice cream when we were children.

As I've grown older, although I like a variety of different flavors of ice cream depending on what I happen to feel like on a given day, I would have to say that my favorite is coffee ice cream. If I drink coffee, which is rare, I probably enjoy it because it reminds me of coffee ice cream.

So my grand idea for an ice cream flavor is:

Mocha Marble

Can you picture Mocha Marble Ice Cream? It's like fudge marble, a light colored ice cream with veins of brown like the veins you might find in rocks, only the fudge has been replaced with coffee flavor and crystals. In a way, it'd be an ice cream for adults because I'm envisioning using actual coffee crystals. The crystals would provide some nice texture, but might be a little strong. Perhaps there could even be two kinds of Mocha Marble: one that uses regular coffee and one that is decaffeinated. Why I'm thinking of ice cream in the middle of winter, I don't know.

For the heat of the summer, I like lemon chiffon!

No comments:

Post a Comment