Monday, June 7, 2010

Lakers vs. Celtics

It was long ago, during the Magic and Bird days of these Lakers vs. Celtics finals, when I was watching the TV in my father's den. I had the game on and as a Warrior fan almost instinctively found myself rooting for the Celtics... beat L.A.!, you know? But then, a couple of my relatives talked me into rooting for the Lakers: "Look at the Celtics, they're so ugly!" "You gotta root for the Lakers, they're so cool!" "West versus East" etc. And from that day on, I found myself rooting for the Lakers come playoff-time (as a proxy for the Warriors). I'm still no Lakers fan, but still, Rona likes them.

So it's the Lakers and the Celtics in the finals again - the more things change, the more they stay the same. And really, if the Lakers win the championship, fine, and if the Celtics win, fine. Enjoy it while you can. Go Warriors!

No comments:

Post a Comment