Tuesday, June 8, 2010

do you know the way to Frontier Village?

Frontier Village was a theme park my father took my family to when I was a little boy. I barely have any real memories of us going there. I have a faint picture in my mind of some of the Wild West looking buildings, the gunfight re-enactments done by actors dressed as cowboys (my older brother, also a little kid then, was picked up out of the crowd by one of the actors and included in one of the performances, although I don't know if what I'm picturing in my mind is an actual memory or from just hearing about it - were there ever pictures taken??), and me riding a mule (or donkey) in a little circle. There was such an old-fashioned charm to this place compared to modern attractions.

What also remains with me is our father driving us there. I recall miles and miles of farmland and agriculture, a beautiful drive through the open country until we arrived at our destination. San Jose was undeveloped back then and was simply the area we passed through to get to Frontier Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment